Published Articles &
COMPLEX PTSD ARTICLES
Emotional Flashback Management
Shrinking the Inner Critic
Shrinking the Outer Critic
Grieving and Complex PTSD
The FourF's: A Trauma Typology
13 Steps Flashbacks Management
FAQs About Complex PTSD
The Tao of
Recovering Emotional Nature
Recovery and Self-Pity
Forgiveness: Begin With Self
Intentions for Recovery
Human Bill of Rights
Lovingly Resolving Conflict
Therapist Heal Thyself
Homesteading in the Calm Eye of the Storm:
My Top 10 Practices
BUY PETE'S BOOKS:
Pete Walker, M.A.
2920 Domingo Ave,
Suite 204 A
Berkeley, CA 94705 - 2400
Suggested Intentions for Recovery
Normal and safe wants and needs to wish and hope for...
to cultivate with mental, spiritual and emotional energy.
- I want to develop a more constantly loving and accepting relationship with myself. I want an increasing capacity for self acceptance.
- I want to learn to become the best possible friend to myself.
- I want to attract, into my life, relationships that are based on love, respect, fairness and mutual support.
- I want to uncover a full, uninhibited self expression.
- I want to attain the best possible physical health.
- I want to cultivate a balance of vitality and peace.
- I want to attract, to myself, loving friends and loving community.
- I want increasing freedom from toxic shame.
- I want increasing freedom from unnecessary fear.
- I want rewarding and fulfilling work.
- I want a fair amount of peace of mind, spirit, soul and body.
- I want to increase my capacity to play and have fun.
- I want to make plenty of room for beauty and nature in my life.
- I want sufficient physical and monetary resources.
- I want a fair amount of help (self, human, or divide) to get what I need.
- I want God's love, grace and blessing.
- I want a balance of work, rest and play.
- I want a balance of stability and change.
- I want a balance of loving interaction and healthy self sufficiency.
- I want a full emotional expression with a balance of laughter and tears.
- I want sexual satisfaction.
- I want to find effective and non-abusive ways to deal with anger.
- I want all this for each and every other being.
(excerpted from The Tao of Fully Feeling, by Pete Walker, MFT)